Monday, March 30, 2009

Scrapbooking Weekend

I don't get to spend dedicated time in my scrapbook room very often. My Grandboys love the room but I spend more time picking up than creating when they enter the inner sanctum. Zach bought me a baby gate for across the door, so that it is protected from little hands. But every once in awhile I let them go in and play. I pick my battles. Somethings are just too dangerous for babies to play with. Scissors, paints, little buttons, and glue are off limits right now. Ribbon, crayons, rubber stamp blocks are allowable. Someday I hope that Drake and Adler will be little artists like their Gammi and their mommies. But for now they get a coloring book and a crayon or a marker and a piece of paper.
Below is an example of what takes place when they visit "THE ROOM". I have a box of ribbon on rolls that they love to play with. The bright colors fascinate them. But on this day the fact that Adler realized that he could grab a hand full of that bright stuff and start backing up and it would keep unrolling and.......
coming with him
and coming
and coming.......
This weekend I set aside Friday night and part of Saturday to do a little creating. My sweet daughter in love, Amy, and my good friend Kathy came and spent time working on their own scrapbooks. We had a good time visiting, eating and creating.
I actually got 3 complete layouts finished. The first 2 are pretty similar with the exception of a few minor details. They are layouts of a trip to the park with Drake and Adler. I took them down the slide and Mike took a picture of each. So I did a page for each of their scrapbooks.
The patterned paper is by My Mind's Eye and came from the Dreamy Paper Pad purchased at Hobby Lobby. The stars are cut from a piece of this paper and pop dotted onto the layout for dimension. The titles were cut on my Klick N Kut.


The last layout is titled Bubbles. Drake and I love to go out in the yard and blow bubbles. The older he gets the more he wants to do it himself. "I do it" is his mantra. For this layout, I used cardstock for the background. The patterned papers are from the Color Me Silly line by Basic Grey. The title was cut with my Cuttlebug using the Olivia Alphabet dies. I created the bubbles by cutting circles out of vellum and highlighting them with a combination of Stardust and Crystal Stickles.
It feels good to be able to add a couple of pages to the grandboys' scrapbooks and enjoy the satisfaction of taking a few pieces of paper and making something pretty.
Pin It

1 comment:

Pam Sivage said...

love the ribbon rolling! Great layouts and a good feeling to get them done!