Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008, Hello 2009

2008 is almost gone. I will not see these days again. As I reflect on the past year I ask myself a few things.
  • Did I live each day to the fullest?
  • Do the ones I love know it?
  • Have I thanked God for the many blessings HE has given me?
  • Have I hurt someone and not asked for forgiveness?
  • Have I used my talents in a positive way?

For the most part, I am pleased with how I answered those questions. There is always room for improvement. But I can look ahead to 2009 knowing that I don't have any regrets.

As I approach 2009 I have some hopes. I don't make resolutions. They usually get broken. But I do think about things that I would want to do in the coming year. Some of the things I am hoping for are:

  • Loving my husband and treating him always with kindness and respect
  • Making sure my children and grandchildren know they have a special place in my heart and they can count on me to stand by them.
  • Making sure my mom is spending her later years in a safe and secure environment.
  • Setting aside time for extended family and friends. Not being to busy to reach out.
  • Using my creativity everyday is small ways
  • Not wasting time on "what if's", bitterness, strife, negativity, or unforgiveness.

If I can do these things in 2009, then I will have no regrets in 2010.

Pin It

No comments: