Thursday, October 25, 2007

Drake turned 8 months old a couple of weeks ago so, as I have on his month birthday, we did a photo shoot. I used the fabric that Amy bought for his Halloween costume.

Being a "Grammi" is something that I am totally enjoying. My friends told me that I couldn't imagine how much you can love a grandchild until you have one. They were right. When Drake smiles at me, my heart feels so full. When those little arms reach out to me........ So we do things for our Grandchildren that we didn't do for our own kids. Halloween wasn't something we made a big deal of when Michael and Zach were little. I never liked the ghosts, skelatons, and witches of Halloween. We lived in a neighborhood that didn't have many places to Trick or Treat. Our church had Fall Festivals, so we went to them instead of Trick or Treating. They had a few Halloween costumes. Halloween Parties that we had for Soccer Teams. But I never made a Halloween costume for either of them, from scratch. I just couldn't see spending all the time making something that they would only wear for a couple of hours. Well, guess what!!?! Grammi is making Drake a Halloween Costume.

I can't wait for Halloween to get here. I want to see his cute little face peeking out of that Tiger hat. I will be keeping him that day while Amy works, so it will be the perfect time to take lots of pictures and preserve the memories for all to remember. Drakes first Halloween will be one that I will enjoy immensely.
I found this quote about Grandchildren.
Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. ~Alex Haley
I pray that I will be the "stardust" in my grandchildren's lives, but I think the reverse is truer...... Grandchildren are the Stardust of my life. And next Halloween, I will have 2 grandchildren to make costumes for. Drake and Adler.




Pin It

No comments: