Monday, November 04, 2013

Chalkboard Stamping

I love chalkboards.  I love how they look.  I love that I can change the art on my walls whenever I want.  I have several that were given to me by my son. 



















This week I decided I wanted a chalkboard the size of a wall.  I made a trip to Lowes and bought a quart of chalkboard paint and proceeded to paint a wall . 



I then I found a large frame to hang on the wall.  


And finally yesterday I filled my frame with artwork.


This morning while reading my blogs I found Tim Holtz post with instructions for his November Tag.  He used a technique he taught in his Creative Chemistry 102 called CHALKBOARD STAMPING.  I had to try it out.  

We had just come back from a trip to Lost Maples State Park in Vanderpool, TX.  We went in hopes of seeing some fall color.  We were not disappointed.

You can see some of my pictures here.

I followed Tim's directions using Texana Designs Jam'n Oak Leaves in all three sizes.  Stamping them on Black.  I also stamped a few on colored card stock, just to add a little color to my layout.
I used black card stock for my background.  I rubbed chalkboard chalk over it to make it look like a well used chalkboard.
After fussy cutting my leaves out, I glued them to the background along with a picture from yesterday and this is what I came up with.

Pin It

No comments: