Saturday, October 26, 2013

Carving Memories....One Pumpkin ScareCrow at a time

This year is missing something..... we have gone to Comfort TX every October for the last 3 or 4 years to see the Scarecrow Invasion.  We have plans to help photograph the DSACT Buddy Walk this weekend and won't be able to make the trip to Comfort.  There isn't anything any different about Comfort's Scarecrows.  We just enjoy the drive to that quaint little Texas town.  It's fun to take pictures of the scarecrows and walk around the little downtown area.  Here are some of my pictures from 2011








Since we won't be making the trip this year, I decided to print out some pictures from a previous year and create a Scrapbook Layout using some of my Texana Designs Stamps to create cute little embellishments.

These are the pictures I chose for my layout.




So I started pulling out supplies and planning my layout.  This is how I created it.


I used my Dylusions Sprays to create some mats and some "patterned paper" to stamp my pumpkins for my layout.


I picked the stamps I wanted to use and stamped them on the tinted paper.


I also sprayed black through a stencil on one corner and then flipped it over and to rub the excess ink from the stencil on another corner creating a positive and negative.



Using Distress Markers I colored the pumpkin leaves and stems.


I found a scrap of patterned paper with a harlequin pattern in my stash that was large enough to mat my largest picture.  I used a Uniball Signo pen to outline the diamond pattern in white.


I sanded the edges of my pictures to distress them and create a white edge around them.


I used Black Soot Distress Ink and my foam blending tool to distress my mat..


I glued the picture in place and added 3 orange gems to the side of the mat.


I cut mats from my background paper and inked them with Black Soot Distress Ink


And outlined the patterns with my White Signo Pen


I fussy cut all my pumpkins out and added white dots to the eyes.  I also lightly inked them with the same Black Soot Distress Ink and the foam blending pad to tone them down alittle.


I found some patterned paper I liked for the page.  This is from Teresa Collins Whimsical Halloween Collection from a couple of years ago.  The words are actually from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  Which happens to be a popular new television show for this season, though I find it very scary.


I took a manila tag, sprayed it with Dylusions and inked it with the Black Soot Distress Ink.  Using Versamark I stamped my sentiment and embossed it with White Embossing Powder. 


I glued everything into place.  And here is my finished Layout.

You can find a complete supply list at Texana Design Blog



Pin It

No comments: