Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013

Another year is coming to an end and a new one is beginning.  It has been a wonderful year.  I have received many blessings from my Heavenly Father.  365 new mornings to wake up and be alive.  365 days to love my family.  365 days to spend with my husband.  365 days to be creative.  I could go on and on.

I have had many prayers answered.  I have seen God's hand at work around me.  I have tried to live a life that pleases Him.

With each New Year we are bombarded with ways to improve ourselves.  Resolutions to make - and usually break.  Weight to loose.  Goals to set.  Things to do.

I try not to make resolutions because I know that I probably won't keep them.  That being said, I have given thought to what 2013 will be like. ~ What I hope to accomplish. ~ What my life will be like.

I have spent the last several days organizing a few things in my Studio.  I realized that I miss sewing and scrapbooking.  I enjoy the cardmaking and the crocheting, but those are not my first loves.  Don't get me wrong.....I am fulfilled by doing them and don't have any desire to quit doing them.  I WANT to keep doing them and I will.  But I also want to do some of the things I have neglected in 2012.

I want to set some time aside for sewing and using some of the wonderful fabrics and laces I have accumulated over the years.

I want to scrapbook for Tate.  Drake and Adler both have albums.  Tate has a few pages.  I want to work on an album for Tate.

So my hope for 2013 is to spend less time thinking about being creative and to spend more time doing it.

But more importantly I want to be all that God wants me to be.  I know He wants me to be a good wife and love my husband.  I know He wants me to be a good mother and grandmother.  A good daughter.  A good sister.  A good friend.

I have been looking for a quote to base my life on for 2013.

This is what I have in my heart.....this is what I will strive for in 2013.


Micah 6:8 The Message (MSG)

8 But he’s already made it plain how to live, what to do,
what God is looking for in men and women.
It’s quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don’t take yourself too seriously—take God seriously.




Pin It

No comments: