Tuesday, May 08, 2012

A Card with Many Techniques

50801 Heart of Texas
I recently received this wonderful stamp from Texana Designs.  I decided to try some new things with this stamp and see if I could pull the detail out without stamping it in BLACK.


  1. I started with a piece of Fine Art Paper from Red River Paper Company.  Even though it is an inkjet printer paper it has the qualities of Water Color paper and absorbs Distress Inks very well.  NOTE:  Any heavy water color paper would work well for this card.
  2.   I used Versamark Ink to stamp the image (see link below picture to obtain stamp) Next I heat embossed it with white embossing powder.   I then tore away the edges of the paper around the image to give it a distressed look.  After tearing the edges I used my ink blending tool and Distress Inks to color the whole piece.  I used Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, and Tumbled Glass to cover the paper.  After I covered the paper I spayed it with a coat of water and let the colors blend together.  Once dry, I colored the image with Prisma Colored Pencils and used odorless Mineral spirits and blending stumps to blend the colors.

Once finished, I mounted the piece on a cardstock mat and the mat onto a blank card.
Pin It

No comments: