Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scrapbooking - Finally.....

I started this blog in the hopes of sharing more of my scrapbooking....but that was several years ago. Lately I haven't had much time to spend in my scrapbook room. I have been playing with my two precious grandboys instead. So those of you who check my blog occasionally see mostly pictures of them.


I have been able to get some time in my scrapbook room in the past couple of weeks, so I thought I would share some of my latest projects.


BUT FIRST......I want to tell you about Friday night. It was this mom-in-law's dream come true. Being the mom of boys and gammi to two little boys, I don't get much girl time. I always wanted girls, but it didn't happen. God has blessed me with the most wonderful daughter-in-loves in the world. They are both awesome young women with integrity, a great love for God and their families, and are fun to be with.


Amy, my oldest son's sweet wife, started scrapbooking right after she and Michael married almost 3 years ago. I have been trying to support her "habit" and give her opportunities to come play with my stuff whenever she wants.


April is an art teacher but has an extremely busy life with working full time, being a wife and mommy, and all her church activities. She would like to scrapbook more, but time is a big factor.

But I digress....Friday night, both of my sweet girls came over and spent the evening with me in my scrapbook room, while the boys had daddy/son time at their homes. It was amazing to get to watch them create. They both completed some wonderful layouts. And I even finished a layout.

This layout is simple, but so much fun to create. The 4 pictures are cropped to 4 inches tall by 3 inches wide. The polka dot Bo Bunny mat is edged with the Fiskars Craft Punch Border Upper Crest and backed with a strip of red cardstock. The chipboard arrow is painted with plain old craft store red acrylic paint and doodled with the ink essentials opaque white pen by Ranger. This pen was also used for the journaling. The title is cut on my Cuttlebug using the Hippie Chick Alpha dies. The tiny rickrack at the bottom of the layout is by May Arts.
*** Stay tuned for my latest big project. I have been giving you sneak peaks over the last couple of weeks. My little butterfly album is in the hands of it's rightful owner now, so in the next day or so, I will be uploading pics and details of this PINK BUTTERFLY. Scrapbooking for boys is fun, but every once in a while I need a PINK fix. Pin It

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the funny face layout...it is absolutely precious and soooo Adler! Thanks again for blessing us with your love for pink. Audrey loves her book so much already. I cannot wait to show it off to my friends and family.

Pam Sivage said...

That is such a sweet little face! glad you got some scrappin time with your family!

christi said...

very cute as always and i will have to agree with you about april! i am so blessed to call her friend!