Monday, April 27, 2009

PINK BUTTERFLY

Scrapbooking for boys is fun. I love using my creativity to come up with layouts and projects that don't include lots of flowers and other girly things. But every once in a while I get the urge for PINK. I used to not like PINK. I used to be a "tomboy". There was no PINK in my closet. I didn't really have anything in my life that was PINK. Being the mother of boys - that was easy. But then I inherited my dad's PINK depression glass. Somehow, my view of PINK changed. I'm still not a girly-girl, but I do find myself craving PINK occasionally. I feel the need to create using some of my PINK papers, ribbons, and flowers. Sometimes I just can't help it. I have to do something PINK. The past couple of weeks was one of those times.
April and Zach have some good friends who have a little girl named Audrey. Audrey is just a couple of months older than Adler. I have been reading Audrey's blog since it was started and watching her grow. She is such a little cutie. When the craving for PINK started, I got an idea. Why not do a mini album for Audrey!?!!? Her mommy is a pediatric nurse and has been a blessing to April whenever she has new mommy questions about Adler's health. It would be nice to give something back.
I started collecting pictures off Audrey's blog and saving them to my computer. When I had enough for my project, I printed them and was ready to go. Here is the result.
ABOUT THE ALBUM
All the papers are from the Just Dreamy Collection by My Minds Eye .
The majority of the pictures, journaling blocks, and mats were cropped with my Spellbinders Nestabilities and my Cuttlebug Die Cutting Machine.
All doodling is done with an Inkssentials™ White Pen by Ranger or an EK Success Zig Writer Pens
Audrey's name on this page was cut with Curls and Swirls Cuttlebug Alphabet Dies and Glittered using a Quickie Glue Pen. The flowers are from Prima and are held together with a pearl brad from the bridal section of Hobby Lobby.
The journaling block reads:
"We are as the wings of a butterfly, bound together with the love of God."
The glittered chipboard bugs were purchased at Hobby Lobby
The journaling spot reads:
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. ~ Psalm 139:16

On this page the butterflies are stamped using Hero Arts Sketch Butterflies Rubber Stamps and highlighted with Pearl Paint. The lace and hand crocheted flower are from my Bridal Stash.


The angel embellishment is stamped with an Inkadinkado clear Christmas stamp, heat embossed with American Crafts Zing Embossing Powder and decorated with Diamond Stickles by Ranger by adding dots in the center of each little star.
The flowers are by Prima. The center is a button tied with embroidery floss. I ran the chipboard butterfly shape through my Xyron sticker maker and added the glitter.

The acrylic butterfly on this page is cut from recycled packaging using my Cuttlebug Butterfly Die and embossed using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I colored it using Adirondak Alcohol Inks in Red Pepper and Stream. The photo mats on this page were embossed using the Textile Textures embossing folder. The pom poms were purchased at Archivers.
This page was backed with Queen and Company Felt Fusion
The little butterflies on this and the previous page were cut from white cardstock and colored with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and embellished with Stickles.

The flower on this page was creating by cutting various sizes of scalloped circles using the Spellbinders Nestabilities. I then slit the circles every third scallop to create petals. The layers are held together with the stitching that holds the button in place.

More Prima flowers, but this time the centers are Stickles Glitter Glue.
The journaling spot reads:
“In the eyes of a child…there is joy, there is laughter… there is hope, there is trust, a chance to shape the future…” ~ Air Supply

The splashes on this page were cut with my Klic-N-Kut Element and then chalked and highlighted with the Inkssentials Opaque White Pen. The word "Splash" was cut using the Hippie Chick alphabet Dies from Cuttlebug.

More Prima Forever Flowers and Stickles Glitter Centers.
The journaling spot reads:
Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever-fresh and radiant possibility.
Kate Douglas Wiggin

This page is embellished with a little bouquet of flowers from the bridal section of Hobby Lobby and tied with May Arts ribbon.
More Prima Flowers centered with white buttons from my sewing stash.
The journaling spot reads:
Little girls are precious gifts, wrapped in love serene. Their dresses are tied with sashes and wrapped up in dreams. ~ Unknown

May Arts ribbons from my stash. The flower was created from a piece of clipart. I printed it 3 times and then cut away parts of two of them to create layers. I pop dotted them together to create depth. All layers were then decorated with Stickles Glitter Glue.
The journaling spot read:
Little girls dance their way into your heart, Whirling on the tips of angel wings, Scattering gold dust and kisses in our paths ~ Unknown
The leaves were cut using my Klic-N-Kut Element and embellished with Stickles Glitter Glue.

Back Cover is plain. so it lays flat.


There!!! Now I feel better. I used up some of the Pink and girly stuff from my stash.
Pin It

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Your post made me tear up. I really cannot thank you enough for blessing our family with your time and creativity. We are so humbled. Love you!