Monday, November 17, 2008

Sewing for Girls

I always wanted girls to sew for, but was blessed with boys instead. I am lucky to have two wonderful sons and I love them with all my heart. I would never trade them for girls, but I have to tell you that I think they did a marvelous job when they picked their wives. I don't think I could have done any better myself. LOL. And they both love me. Michael, my older son, is married to Amy. Zach, my younger son, is married to April. They are NOT Daughter in Laws.....They ARE Daugher in LOVES.
November 16th was April's birthday. She is teaching Middle School Art in Hutto, TX. She wears an apron when she is working with the kids to protect her clothes. She had mentioned to me at the beginning of school that she would love to have a "funky" apron with big pockets and a ruffle at the bottom. So I saw the perfect opportunity to sew for a girl . I had some cool batik fabric in my stash so that is what I used. And I made it reversible so that she could decide which "apron" she wanted to wear on any given day.
So here are the pictures of April trying on her apron at her birthday party last night.

***Sorry, Chrisi, that I didn't get this posted last night, but I GOT TO keep Adler overnight and it was more fun to play with him than to sit at my computer. >:)

Pin It

2 comments:

christi said...

you can tell my the smile on her face that she loved it!! she is just as blessed to have you as a mother ~ in ~ love. your talent has no end! love it!

blessings to you taday ~

Pam Sivage said...

Don't blame her! Love the apron! She is so lucky to have you to create fun things like this for her!