Saturday, March 01, 2014

Texana Designs Blog Hop

Welcome to 

I am thrilled be part of the Texana Designs Design Team.  We are hosting our very first Blog Hop.  I had the honor of creating our first Card Sketch.  I actually created both a Landscape version and a Portrait version.  Each member of our Team has unique styles and I was anxious to see what they created using these sketches.  I only sent them the sketches and told them to create a card.  No other guidelines were provided.  
Landscape Sketch
My favorite part of this sketch is the double border going across the card.  I wanted to do something different and add some textures to my card without using the "expected" ribbon or washi tape.  I found a scrap of burlap in my sewing studio and decided that it would make a neat border.  Then looking through my Texana Designs Stamps I haven't used in awhile, I saw my Barbed Wire Strip.  I used VersaMark Ink to stamp the BW Strip onto a piece of vellum and then used gold embossing powder to heat emboss the stamped image.  Remember when using heat embossing on vellum you have to keep your heat gun moving and don't hold it to close the the vellum.  Vellum burns easily.  After embossing the image I trimmed close to the image and used it for the 2nd layer of my border.
I used my Ranger Distress Markers to color the Bluebonnet image and blended the colors using my water brush.  I colored each color on my Craft Sheet and them picked up the color with my water brush and painted the image.


Supply List:
Texana Designs Stamps: WF001-Jam’n Bluebonnet (Framed), TD056 Truly Texas, and 
TX022 Jam’n BW Strip
Burlap
Vellum
Gold Embossing Powder
Scrap of Flair Bandana Print patterned Paper
Ranger Distress Markers and a Water Brush
VersaFine Black Onyx and VersaMark Ink Pads
The back mat of the card was created with a scrap of Polished Stone Paper created circa 2007 by Murdock Country Creations.

Don't forget to comment on each stop along the way.  On Friday 9am CT we will be going over all the comments and each person who comments on EACH and EVERY Stop will be entered into a drawing to win all 7 cards created for this Blog Hop.  And don't forget to leave an email address where you can be contacted so we can get your info to mail you the cards if you are the winner.  The winner will be announced on March 8th 6am Texana Designs Blog and Facebook Page.

Texana Designs Blog JimmyeSue Mitchell, Texana Designs Owner
Texana Designs Blog  Joyce Meyer Stamp Artist
Texana Designs Facebook Jilda Bolton DTM
Janet's Gems  Janet Bradshaw DTM
Made by Design Megan Bickers DTM
Libby's Little Addiction Libby Hickson DTM
Who I Am Karen Lambert DTM ← You are here
Pin It

9 comments:

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Wonderful card! Love the bluebonnets. I like your layout and sketch interpretation.

Unknown said...

Great card. Very Texas

Billie Dee said...

Beautiful! I love Blue Bonnets ;)

Megan B said...

Love how you colored your Bluebonnet and added the burlap! :)

Anonymous said...

this makes me more than ready for spring!

Anonymous said...

love the card! bwalkerart@hot.rr.com

Pat C said...

Cute card!

Karen Lambert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Libby Hickson said...

Love your gorgeous card, Karen!