Saturday, November 03, 2012

Lacy TEXAS ANGELS

When JimmyeSue, the owner of Texana Designs and I were talking about the Texas Angel Stamp, she mentioned she would like to see it done with LACE.  I didn't know exactly how I would accomplish that at the time, but since I spent a good part of my life creating wedding dresses I love LACE.  I love working with it and have lots of it in my stash.  Her comment started the creativity wheels spinning in my head.  How was I going to make it work.

My first thought was to create my own patterned paper to use in paper piecing my stamped image.  

I used Sulky KK2000 Temporary Spray adhesive to adhere a scrap of lace to my card stock.

I created a spray using Broken China Reinker and water from Ranger and spritzed the lace and card stock

 After letting it dry I removed the lace and was ready to stamp on it.

I paper pieced the stamped image.  Dress and hat out of the "lacy" paper and then the two stars out of plain white card stock.  I colored the face, hair, and shoes with my distress markers and the wings and stars with Stickles to add shine.

Supplies used for this card:

Sulky KK2000 Temporary Spray adhesive
scrap of lace
card stock
Ranger Distress Ink Reinker Broken China
Ranger Inkssentials Mini Mister
Ranger Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy
Ranger Distress Markers to color face and hair
VersaFine Black Onyx Stamp pad



 To create banners I used strips of paper and a square punch to cut out triangle on the end. 

Supplies used for this card:

                           Texana Designs TX055—BW Angel and TD028—Texas Angels
Sulky KK2000 Temporary Spray adhesive
scrap of lace
card stock
Ranger Distress Ink Reinker Broken China
Ranger Inkssentials Mini Mister
Ranger Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy
Ranger Distress Markers to color face and hair
VersaFine Black Onyx Stamp pad
scraps of K & Company patterned paper for banners
red staples to form X's on Banners


AND then I got the idea (thanks Joyce) to dry emboss Lace.



 I used a piece of Venice lace to emboss some card stock

Sandwich used on my Cuttlebug:
A plate
card stock shim
B plate
Tan Spellbinders Mat
Card stock to emboss
Venice Lace
B plate

 I used my Blending Tool and foam to color the embossed image.

 
I then stamped the image over the embossing and used this to paper piece as I did for the card above.

I used my Distress Markers to color the rest of the image.
To make the wings glisten I used Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive and Diamond Dust to fill them in. 


Supplies used to complete this tag:

CuttleBug
Venice Lace
card stock
Ranger Distress Ink Reinker Fired Brick
Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
Diamond Dust by Twinklets
Ranger Distress Markers to color face, hat, stars, and hair
VersaFine Black Onyx Stamp pad
7 Gypsies Walnut Stained Tag
Random Fibers for tie
scrap of sheet music
Modge Podge to adhere sheet music to tag
Scrap of red paper for sentiment.

Here are two more Angels what I created using just narrow strips of lace trim and embossing it with my Cuttlebug
Pin It

No comments: