Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where does the time go?




I have always heard the saying, the older you get the faster the time goes. I am here to tell you that it is true. It seems that a new month is starting and I blink my eyes and we are half way through. I can at least say that is a good thing. Time flies when you are having fun!! And I am having fun.


I have been sewing again. I put my sewing machines up for over a year. All the designing Bridal Dresses and sewing for others and teaching caused sewing to not be as fun as it once was. The break did me good. I am rediscovering my love for the art. Making Adler's Crib Set was the beginning of a new adventure for me. I found a cute little fabric store in South Austin called Craftorama . They carry the coolest RETRO fabrics. Also Amy Butler patterns. I found these coordinating fabrics and decided to make me a top.

I had enough striped fabric to make a simple summer skirt.

I probably won't ever wear them together.....just too much print, but I will wear the top with jeans and the skirt with layered tanks. They will probably both go into my suitcase to Kauai in April. (That's another post.)


I have also rediscovered my embroidery machine. April asked for some more burp cloths,
so I had the chance to get creative.
I decided I love my embroidery machine. I was looking back over old embroidery designs I collected years ago when I first got my machine and found a cool ABC Book Alphabet that would be fun to do for the grandboys. Let's see....they will need it in about a year or so. I better get busy.
Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Fun! I can't wait to see what you do for the boys.

AnnK

Anonymous said...

You rock the sewing! I am soooooooo glad you did the curtins for me! Eveyone who walks in that room comments on them! You are going to look so cute in the new shirt and skirt you made. I agree about wearing them as seperates. LOL! Togther they could be too much of a good ting.

Amanda B

Pam Sivage said...

Wow! you are just full of talent!! My sewing is limited to s/b pages these days! Beautiful outfit, perfect for Hawaii!