Saturday, April 20, 2013

It's a Card Day......

I love paper crafting.

I start with a blank canvas and absolutely no idea what the finished project will look like.

Today I started with Texana Designs WF015-Jam’n Yucca Stamp, some VersaFine Black Onyx Ink, and a scrap of Kraft Card Stock.
I stamped my design and decided to color it with PrismaColor Pencils.  I knew they would give me the trues colors for the Yucca blooms.  
Once I finished coloring the image, I went to my scrap drawer and pulled a few pieces of patterned paper out that coordinated with my image.  I originally thought about doing some banners for a background but then remembered a card I saw on Pinterest recently that had strips of scalloped edge paper put together for a background.  I started punching edges.   I took a scrap of paper and put some adhesive on it.  I then started layering my borders from the bottom up leaving 1/2 inch between the edges of the strips.
For my sentiment I chose Texana Designs new sentiment stamp, TD102 You're Looking Sharp Today
I lightly distressed all the elements with Antique Linen Distress Ink by Ranger and arranged them all on a Kraft Card Stock Card Front.
Pin It

1 comment:

Jennifer Scull said...

I so love this stamp and the way you put your card together!

enjoy your weekend! :)