Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Mug Valentine


It's Texana Designs Time again and this time I used the Jam'n Mug and several sentiments. 



I thought it would be cute to make the mug a card in itself and attach it to a gift or the front of a card.


A few single serving coffees and creamers in a mug all tied up with a bow makes a nice gift for a friend or teacher. A tiny mug card stamped with "You are the CREAM in my coffee!" is perfect for a Valentine's gift.


Or attached to the front of a card. Leaving the inside blank to write a love note to that special someone.

I thought I would share my process of making the little mug card with you.



Stamp you image on a scrap of card stock Be sure to leave enough room to the left of the image to fold under on the straight edge to create your little card.


Fold the card stock to the back of the image to form your card. Be sure to leave part of the stamped image showing to the right side.


Cut out your mug.


Stamp your sentiment inside the card.


Stamp your image again on to Patterned paper.


Trim away the top of the cup and cut out the handle.


And then glue your patterned paper on top of the little card.


This card is stamped with the sentiment "You are the MARSHMALLOWS in my cocoa". I used some of my HOME MADE POP DOTS to create my marshmallows I used my large hole punch and simply punched some little circles. Since there was already adhesive attached to both sides they were simple to use. I attached one side to my card and then sprinkled some fine glitter to the other side, patting it with my finger to make sure it stuck. On these cards I stamped Jam’n Barbed Wire mini Heart onto the front of my mug.


Supplies Used :
Texana Designs Stamps 
TX056L-Jam’n Mug large
TD064 You..Marshmallow in Cocoa
TX023m Jam’n BW Heart mini
Scraps of Card stock and Patterned Paper
Scraps of Lace and Ribbon
Home made pop dots



Here is another Shabby Chic card. I created the background elements using my Cuttlebug folders and some Ranger Distress Ink. The first card I used Spun Sugar Distress Ink and the card below was distressed using Antique Linen Distress Ink. 


Supplies used:
Texana Designs Stamps
TX056L-Jam’n Mug large
TD063 You..Cream in Coffee
White Georgia Pacific Card Stock
Scraps of Patterned Paper
Cuttlebug Folders - Swiss Dot and Paisley
Spellbinders Heart Nestabilities
Distress Ink from Ranger
Scrap of lace and small heart button from my stash.
Pin It

No comments: