Monday, August 27, 2012

A Coffee Pot Planter

Prickly Pear Cactus are plentiful in Texas.  They grow in every corner and environment, from the piney woods of east Texas to the beaches of the gulf, the rolling hills of the Hill Country and the Mountains of Big Bend.  And it is not uncommon to see Prickly Pear Cactus' in the heart of town in random planters.


I love Texana Designs TX020-Coffee Pot  and I love Granite Ware.  So I made some granite ware coffee pots using Ranger Alcohol Inks.  I used Denim, Slate, and Silver Mixative on Glossy paper and then stamped with VersaFine Black Onyx Ink.  I had to let the stamped image dry for a couple of hours.  When the ink was dry, I cut out the coffee pot.


I then used my Xacto knife to cut a slit at the front edge of the coffee pot to slip my cactus into.





I used my Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color the image and then I cut out the top of the Cactus which I inserted into the slit I created in the coffee pot.


Below is my completed card.  


Supplies Used:
Sentiment Stamp Texana Designs TD009 What’s brewin’ (I cut the words apart on this stamp so I could stamp it in a different configuration.)
Craft Card Stock
Glossy Photo Paper
Ranger Alcohol Inks
Versafine Black Onyx Stamp pad
Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick, and Mustard Seed
Peeled Paint Distress Ink Pad and Blending Tool to Distress edges
Scalloped Border Punch
Various Patterned Paper scraps
Gelly Roll White pen for faux stitching
Spellbinder's Label #4 Nestabilies Die

Pin It

No comments: