Sunday, January 22, 2012

"Newsprint" - Black and White and Read All Over

My Texana Design Teammate, Linda McClain of The Catered Crop is having another "Follow the Recipe" Challenge.  AND this weeks sponsor is none other than Texana Designs
Linda suggested using her Pinterest Board, Black and White and Read All Over as the inspiration for our cards.  And of course, I have my own Inspiration Pinterest Board called "Things to do with OLD BOOKS" .
One of my pins catches my eye every time I look at this pinboard or see someone else post it.  
 Since I am making Valentines this week it only seemed appropriate to "Follow the Recipe" and use one of my favorite "heart" stamps to make some of my cards.  Black, White, and Red happens to be one of my favorite color combinations and I love re-purposing old books into works of art.

HERE is my version of the puffy blanket stitched hearts.



For this card, I used:
Vintage Sheet Music
My own Silhouette cutting file for matting the Barbed Wire Heart Stamp - Available HERE
Versamark Ink
American Crafts Zing Embossing Powder - Rouge
Red DMC Embroidery Floss
Fairfield PolyFil to stuff heart
VersaFine Ink - Onyx Black
Stock Cardstock in Black, Red, and White
Scrap of Patterned Paper from FooFaLa
Red Sheer Ribbon

My second card was inspired by these flowers
Pinned Image





Supplies used for this card:
Old book pages for flower and background
Stock Cardstock in white, black, and red
VersaFine Ink Pad - Onyx Black
Tim Holtz Distressed Ink - Fired Brick and Black Soot
Spellbinders Dahlia Nestibilities
May Arts Ribbon
Imaginesce  Heart Shaped Love Crystals
Xmas Red Stickles

Don't forget to check out and follow The Catered Crop where you will always find lots of  cardmaking inspiration.  And Texana Designs has the coolest Texas rubber stamps around.  While you are at it, "LIKE" the Texana Facebook Page.  I will see you there.




Pin It

2 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Oh my goodness gracious with gravy! I love, love, love your cards. Thank you for the wonderful shout out to Catered Crop. You rock! And, how in heavens name did I miss seeing your board about paper? Fantastico!!

Texana Designs said...

Wow! Just blow me away why don't cha! Love them!