Tuesday, October 09, 2012

TEXAS Christmas Cards

It's time for more Texana Designs Cards.  Christmas is right around the corner so I am using some of my favorite stamps to make a few cards.  I love the Christmas Texas stamps.  They come in two sizes.  Below is a card made with the large TX002 Christmas Texas stamp and TX04 Have a Texas-size Christmas Stamp were heat embossed using gold embossing powder.  Details in the Texas stamp were colored with Stickles.
.


Supplies used:
Texana Designs Stamps TX002 Christmas Texas and TX04 Have a Texas-size Christmas
Kraft Card Stock
My Mind's Eye Santa Claus 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Martha Stewart Border Punch
VersaMark Stamp Pad
Stickles Glitter Glue
Hemp twine and DMC Embroidery floss



The mini TX002m Christmas Texas stamp fits perfectly in the FR006—Square Trio Stamp.  The base of the card was created just like the Truly Texas card I posted a couple of weeks ago.  You can check it out HERE



Supplies used for the card above:
Texana Designs Stamps: TX002m Christmas Texas, and FR006 Square Trio
White Card Stock
Old Paper Distress Ink by Ranger
VersaFine Black Onyx Stamp Pad
Stickles by Ranger
Scraps of BoBunny A Gift of Love Back to Basics Patterned Paper Classic Christmas Carol



Another card using TX002m Christmas Texas stamp fits perfectly in the FR006 Square Trio Stamp.  Sentiment Stamp.  Obviously with this card I didn't have room for the sentiment stamp I wanted to use so I improvised.  Keep reading below to see how I used TD029V There’s no place like Texas... (vertical) to create a sentiment that matched the square trio stamp.




I stamped the sentiment on white card stock  2 times


I then cut the sentiment and doodled the edges with a black marker to match the  Square Trio  stamp.  I used two separate stampings so that I could get adequate room around each of the smaller elements.

I used small scissors and cut out around the stars.  You can see a slit in the Texas where I cut up into it to reach the area I wanted to cut out.  I chose a place that I knew would be covered by the sentiment.


I slide the portion up under the stars and glued it in place and then finished  assembling the card.

Supplies used for the card above:
Texana Designs Stamps: TD029V There’s no place like Texas... (vertical), TX002m Christmas Texas, and FR006 Square Trio
Kraft and White Card Stock
Old Paper Distress Ink by Ranger
VersaFine Black Onyx Stamp Pad
Stickles by Ranger
Scraps of BoBunny A Gift of Love Back to Basics Patterned Paper Classic Christmas Tree



Pin It

No comments: