Sunday, August 12, 2012

Merry Texmas

I made my first Christmas card for 2012.  Actually have a half dozen of this one in the works.  Merry Texmas includes some techniques I haven't tried before.  Background Stamping and Water Coloring with my new Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I have always loved the look of Water Color, but have never before been happy with the outcome.  The Distress Markers have changed all that.  This is definitely something I will be doing again and again.

I stamped the Texana Designs 70802S Christmas Boot with Ranger black Archival Ink which is permanent and waterproof.  I then used the distress markers to outline the stamped image for detail.  After doing each color, I used my water brush to pull the color from the highlights to fill in the image.

Close up of stamped image.


To create the background for my card I used Kraft Card stock and Versamark Ink to stamp
Texana Designs 80814L Merry Texmas (large) Stamp on the card stock..  I then used Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a blending tool to distress the edges.


For the sentiment I used Texana Designs 80814m Merry Texmas (mini) with VersaFine Black Onyx Ink on a scrap of white card stock.  I hand cut the banner and then glued it to a strip of red card stock and then trimmed it to fit the banner leaving a small border.


 Supplies used:
Texana Designs Stamps - 70802S Christmas Boot,  80814L Merry Texmas (large), and 80814m Merry Texmas (mini)
Red, Kraft, and White Card stock
Ranger Black Archival Stamp Pad, Versamark Stamp Pad, and VersaFine Black Onyx Stamp Pad
Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood, Peeled Paint, and Barn Door



Pin It

No comments: