Saturday, June 02, 2012

30 Days of Creativity - Day 2

Or what do you do when you don't leave enough room for the sentiment stamp?

I am participating for the second year in 30 Days of Creativity.  This is the 3rd year for 30 days, but I just found out about it last year.  You can CLICK HERE to see my 2011 creations.
This year I am going to attempt to make it another 30 days straight of being creative.

Yesterday, June 1, I still had 2 little munchkins here so I knew not much creativity would be going on.  I made a yarn flower before they got here with a paper loom I made myself.  I used 2 card stock circles glued together and some straight pins to make the loom.  CLICK HERE to find a picture of my little flower on my Pinterest Board.

This morning my sweetheart and I did alot of work around the house so I finally got a chance to create a little this afternoon.  I have been waiting to use my little bird stamps by Texana Designs so I decided today would be the day.  
I chose these papers by Daisy D 
But then I realized I didn't leave enough room for the sentiment that I wanted to use.  I intended it to be above the little birds head.  I didn't want to take a chance of ruining my work.
I stamped the sentiment on a little plastic bag.
And laid it over the card where I wanted it to be.  Nope it didn't fit.
 Now what was I going to do.  I thought about cutting my stamp apart so I could stamp in different places, but I knew that if I did this it would never be the same again. 
It was a 3 line sentiment so I stamped it 3 times on a piece of white card stock.
I then cut the sentiments apart using one line from each stamping, giving adequate spacing around each line
Perfect.  I had my sentiment on the front of the card.
To finish the card off I used some Stickles to highlight the tail feathers and beaks
and added a heart shaped gem on the border strip.
And here is the finished card!!!!
Another day of Creativity complete.
Supplies used:
Texana Designs Stamps can be found HERE
Pin It

No comments: