Friday, April 19, 2013

Boredom Never Happens Here......

Being CREATIVE has a definite blessing.  I can never say I am bored.  There is always something to work on.  I am blessed to have so many mediums that I love to work with so that if I get tired of working in one medium, I can move onto another for a little while.  

Last week I did some machine embroidery for Texana Designs.  Below is a picture of Texana Designs owner, JimmyeSue in her TShirt.  I digitized the design using a stamped image of the WF001-Jam’n Bluebonnet (Framed) stamp and used the font Jester to create the logo.  It was so much fun doing shirts for our Design Team.

I also made a unique Ring Bearer's Pillow.  The wedding will be decorated with lots of burlap.  The bride's grandmothers dress made the perfect embellishments for this special pillow.  


All the fabric flowers were made from the satin or lace from the old wedding dress.  The button centers of each flower were also from the dress.


I braided some hemp twine to make the bow.  The rings will be tied to the pillow with this bow.


On the back of the pillow I embroidered the Bride and Grooms names and their wedding date in a pale blue/


We took several road trips over the last week or so to find bluebonnets.  I love the Spring in Texas.  Such beautiful colors abound, but there is nothing like a field of blue.
Last Sunday we found the abandoned Kingsland Railroad - aka the Bluebonnet Railroad.


And of course when we take Road Trips, I have plenty of opportunity to crochet a few hats.

All hats pictured below are newborn size.  They make perfect photo props for the first baby pictures of your special little one.

Burnt Orange and White earflap girl's hat with flower.


Burnt Orange and White earflap perfect to the new little "longhorn" in your family


Dr Suesse colors in a stocking cap 


Black and white striped stocking cap for a sweet little girl.


Black and white striped stocking cap for a sweet little boy.


All these hats are available for sale.  Contact me by EMAIL 

Pin It

No comments: