Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry CHRISTmas

 Merry Christmas to all of you!!!  We began our holiday season by meeting Santa at our favorite Chinese restraunt.  He was picking up takeout for his elves as they prepared for the BIG day. He told us we better be good because he would be watching us.


We began decorating our home in early December.  We put our tree downstairs since the family will be celebrating here.  My mom will be with us.  She will be 91 years old 4 days after Christmas.  What a blessing it will be to have her with us, to make more memories.

I missed having a tree upstairs so I went to Michael's and picked up a small tree and decorated it with all my handmade Santa ornaments.

 The paper trees are left over from last year's Christmas Dinner that April and I hosted at church.  I made the   JOY letters to slip into the picture holders.  This greets us as we walk in our front door. 

This little sleigh full of Santas holds many memories.  My daddy made it for me when I was small.  Growing up in Pennsylvania allowed lots of opportunity for snow and being pulled up and down our street in it.

This centerpiece was my mom's and sat on her dining table for many years.  I love incorporating the old with the new and including memories from my childhood so that my kids and grandkids can make memories of their own.

I have lots of music boxes and snow globes sitting around that the grandboys enjoy winding up and hearing all the Christmas music.

The one remnant from my "country decorating" days is my cross-stitched farmer Santa.

My mother made this manger scene with I was in elementary school.  I put it on our piano every year and it becomes the focal point of our celebration as we read the the account of Jesus birth from Luke 2, before we open presents each year.

Little Dove adorns our tree each year in memory of Sarah Elizabeth our baby girl.


 I leave you with wishes for a most Blessed and Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!!!

Remember:
Jesus is the REASON!!!




Pin It

No comments: