Thursday, August 16, 2012

McKinney Roughs....almost 5 yrs of Hiking

Mike and I have been hiking for almost 5 yrs.  I remember when we started.  Our 3rd hiking trip coincided with my 3rd blog post.  We had gone to McKinney Roughs Nature Preserve in the Fall of 2005.  I was missing the fall colors I grew up with in Pennsylvania and was pleasantly surprised when I found some color in the woods. I blogged about it and posted this picture. Click HERE to see that post.

We have taken a few days to spend together before we get back into the swing of Fall and keeping our grandboys while their mommy teaches school.  It really too hot at the end of August to take a real vacation so we are having a Staycation and getting up early to enjoy some hiking before it gets unbearable outside.  This morning we went to McKinney Roughs again.  As always, we take our cameras.  We hadn't hiked very far when I looked down and saw some color. 
Below is the first picture I took on this hike.  Does it look familiar?  












It was a good hike, but by the time we finished at 10 am, I was ready for air conditioning again.
Pin It

No comments: