Thursday, June 07, 2012

Something NEW

I am getting ready to create another wedding dress this summer.  This one will be made using the lace from the mother of the bride's wedding dress.  It will be special to both the mom and the bride and will create some sentimental memories for the family. I have been loving the look of vintage mixed media for quite awhile.  I have found a lot of inspiration on Pinterest  Rebecca Sower has an incredible style. and in particular Master Pinner Marja Schwedler.Lisa Pace's Creations also inspire me.
Having created Bridal Dresses for over 15 yrs has left me with lots of little pieces of silk and lace.  I have wanted to do something with it for a long time.  A couple of days ago, I grabbed a handful of lace remnants and a piece of silk and started arranging.  It was fun playing with the lace again.  It was fun planning where I could add some pearls and create a piece of art.

 I wanted it to not only be vintage beautiful, but also useful.  I decided to make a little pouch perfect for jewelry or for a brides emergency kit.  This little pouch is 5 inches wide by 6 inches deep.  Perfect for holding storing your bridal jewelry or garter after the wedding, or it could hold  a few band-aids, a small package of aspirin, some safety pins, a needle and thread, a small emery board.




Pin It

No comments: