Wednesday, April 04, 2012

It's Design Team Time Again .... Texana Designs

The Wildflowers in Texas are beautiful this year.  After a year of drought we were wondering if we would ever see GREEN again, let alone the vibrant colors of Spring Wildflowers.  God Blessed Texas!!!
I took these pictures last week as we explored the Texas Hill Country.  They are the inspiration for this month's Card for Texana Designs .




The Floral Hillside was created with these 2 tiny cluster Stamps.


I wanted the WF041-Cactus Cluster stamp to POP out of the wildflowers so I stamped it first and then masked it using the same stamp, cut out of cardstock and adhered over the original stamp using a removable glue dot.

I then randomly stamped using the WF042-WildflowerCluster  stamp to create the ground cover.


I used  Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolor Paints to color the wildflowers and ground Cover.


Using the same Pearlescent Watercolor paints, I created a color wash and painted the sky a pale blue.
I stamped and matted the sentiment and positioned in on the card just above my wildflower hill.
The sentiment stamp I used is TD038Wild about Texas Flowers 


I created a Silhouette Studio File for the TX021Birdhouse  stamp.  I cut it out of white cardstock and stamped the image.  Which I then colored using the Pearlescent Watercolor Paints.  I cut a second mat from Navy Cardstock and matted the image.  The mailbox was adhered to the card using pop dots to add some dimension. You can download the Silhouette File HERE  All files are available also by clicking the link on the sidebar of this blog just under the "BLOG ARCHIVE"


Hope you have a wonderful spring and take some time to go enjoy the wildflowers too.
Pin It

No comments: