Thursday, February 02, 2012

Another Card - Paper Pieced Stamping

I had such fun creating this little Thank You card.  It is a Truly Texas sentiment. 


 I didn't have a stamp that was just the letter "A" in the same font as my Texana Designs' sentiments.  So I found one of the sentiment stamps that had a capilal letter A that was the perfect size for the saying I was trying to create.  Instead of using a stamp pad to ink the "A", I used a black marker.  That way I was able to contol exactly where I wanted the ink to go.  I stamped the letter "A" of the sentiment and then positioned the other two sentiment stamps on an acrylic block making sure they were spaced just the way I wanted them to stamp.  I did have to use my marker to touch up the "A" a little with the same marker I used to ink the stamp to get it the same intensity as my stamped image.


I wanted to share a new technique I learned this week.  (Thanks to the Texana Designs Design Team)
It is paper piecing with STAMPS.  So Cool!!!
Here is a closer look at my pieced stars.  They are actually patterned paper rather than colored.


Begin by Stamping the image 2 times, one on your background paper (white cardstock) and once on your patterned paper.


Carefully trim the Patterned Paper image on the outside edge of the black line, leaving only the part of the image you want "colored" by the pattern paper.  Two tips the ladies on the design team gave me are: 1. Turn your paper while trimming, not the scissors. and 2. Don't talk.  Thought I would pass it on them on to you.


Glue the new image over the stamped image on the background paper, being careful to line up the details correctly.


You can do the same as I did on my card by stamping off the edge of your background paper.


And lining up your pattern paper stars.  Then you can trim the excess away.


Give it a try!!!  I am willing to bet you will find Paper Piece Stamping as fun as I did.

Supplies used:
Texana Designs Stamps:
Truly Texas
TD043 thank you
The “A” from TX048 TEXAS-State of Mind
TX007 Barbed Wire Star (large)
Stock White, Black, and Red Cardstock
Scraps of patterned paper to paper piece Stars
VersaFine Ink Pad
Scraps of houndstooth print ribbon




If you want to know more about Texana Designs and their stamps click HERE
Pin It

1 comment:

Texana Designs said...

Karen, my friend, you are on a roll. Wonderful way to use our Barbed Wire Star. I'm smilin'!

Jimmye Sue, Texana Designs