Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cowboy Cadillac

I have the honor of decorating another awesome chipboard album from
As I was planning how to use this album, I thought of all the pictures my sweetheart and I had taken on our road trips. We had several of old pick up trucks. Living in Texas, I had heard the term Cowboy Cadillac often. I thought of the song by Garth Brooks, so I decided that would be the theme of my album.
I printed out the lyrics and used lines from the song as journaling labels for my pictures.
All pictures in this album were distressed by sanding. All the edges of the pictures and the journaling strips were distressed using an electric hair trimmer and lightly inked with Black Soot Distress ink.
I used the 1/2" Corner Chomper by We R Memory Keepers to round the corners of the photos and the black mats for all the pictures.


The front cover which is actually the back of a pickup truck complete with tailgate was painted with Krylon Spray Paint and detailed with Black Soot Distress Ink to add dimension. The sunset scene shows through the acrylic window that I edged with silver sharpie around the top edge and aluminum tape at the bottom edge. I also used the tape on the top edge of the tailgate. The chipboard letters spelling "Cowboy Cadillac" were heat embossed using Ultra Detail Silver Dollar embossing powder from Memory Depot. . The rear view mirrors and the tail lights are cut from metallic cardstock. The bumpers are cut from an aluminum soda can and dry embossed using the Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder. The tires are cut from black fun foam and dry embossed using the Cuttlebug Herringbone folder. The little license plate is from Karen Foster.

The tailgate drops down to reveal OUR Cow Dog Rusty that was hand cut from a photo. He is standing in a bed of crimped and shredded paper to resemble straw. The chipboard boots and cowboy hat were included in the album kit. I detailed them using Distress Ink and sharpies.

This patterned paper used to cover this album is all from Flair. It is from their western collection. I had it in my stash for about 4 years. It is good to use up old things. The flourish embellishments are painted using pearl paint and coated with a thin layer of Faded Jeans Distress Stickles by Ranger.

I painted this page with brown acrylic paint. Then a layer of Crackle Medium was added. When that was dry, I finished it up with a layer of off white acrylic paint. The only embellishment on this page is the red chipboard arrow that I added the white dashes to using a
Gelly Roll white pen.

The embellishments for this page are cut from real sueded cowhide. I found a picture of a cowhide on the internet. I printed it to size on plain paper and used it as a patten to cut the mini cowhide at the top of the page. I then took some leather lacing and added wooden beads to tie through little slits I cut into the cowhide. The scalloped circle patch was cut using a Spellbinder Nestibilies die and stamped with black Memories Ink using the Longhorn Skull Rubber Stamp

The chipboard saddle was included in this album kit. I colored it using several colors of Distress Ink and highlighted it using chalk to add dimension. Texture was added to the chipboard using my leather working tools and hammering in detail while the chipboard was still damp from the inking. The little rope is hemp twine which I just tied into a lasso and looped over the horn of the saddle.

The flower embellishment on this page was cut from an old pair of jeans using Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Alterations Die.

The embellishments on this page are designs by Silhouette that I cut on my Craft Robo. I inked the edges and detailed the paper pieced Cowboy Boots and Hat with Sharpies and Distress Ink.

I love spending time creating and thinking of unique ways to use the photos that my sweetheart and I take on our road trips. This album gave me a challenge, but I am very pleased with the outcome. I will have lots of memories return as I look at this album in the future.

REMEMBER, each day is an ADVENTURE. I am living my life with
THE SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE.
Pin It

No comments: