Wednesday, January 14, 2009

***2 posts in 1*** Project 365 - Week 2 & An Altered Canvas

Here are my pictures for the week of Jan 8th to 14th
January 8 - Drake sliding down the slide Mike and I got him for Christmas. Part of the play yard we are building for Drake and Adler.
January 9 - Adler hadn't napped at all the day before, he was such a busy boy. He slept through the night for Mommy and Daddy, but was still not done catching up. He couldn't even make it through breakfast.

January 10 - Mike brought me a bag of my favorite candy.
January 11 - A bowl of shells that sits in my bathroom. The shells have been collected from various beach trips we have taken. I always bring at least one shell home.
January 12 - Alder sitting on the leapfrog train loving his ducky.
January 13 - Drake riding Pop's stick horse. Granny Lambert gave this to us at Christmas. She had saved it from when Mike was little and thought the grandboys would like it. She was right.
January 14 - Our dog Sydnee loves to lay in the bathtub. The heat has been on and with her big fur coat she looks for a cool place to sleep.
AND NOW FOR THE ALTERED CANVAS!!!
I painted the canvas with the same blue paint as I used on Adler's Canvas.
In the original picture of Drake he was leaning against a brick wall, so I had to create a wall on the canvas for him to lean on. I used mesh drywall tape, purchased from Walmart to do this. After adhering the white tape to the canvas, I used Faded Denim Distress Ink to shade the "wall".
I then used Tim Holtz Chronicle Foam Stamps and my Denim Ranger Paint Dabber to stamp Drake' name over the drywall tape.
I used gold embossing paste to create texture in the upper corner of the of the canvas and while the paste was still wet, I inserted the gold corner flourish. When the paste was dry I inked all the other edges of the canvas with gold pigment ink.
I traced the grudeboard wings from Adler's canvas
and cut it from cardstock 2 times. I used my Xyron to glue the two layers of cardstock together. After running the wings through my Cuttlebug Textile Textures embossing folder, I painted them gold and highlighted the shadows with metallic rub-on paste.
I modge podged the wings and formed them so they would have some dimension and hold shape on the canvas. I used gold wire to form a dimensional halo for my little angel.I created the Title using my Dymo Label maker and a grungeboard heart that I embossed using the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder on my cuttlebug. I painted the heart with the Red Pepper paint dabber and highlighted it with gold pigment ink.
Finally I printed "Firstborn Grandson" on a scrap paper, adhered the red cardstock over it with temporary spray adhesive and printed it again. I then cut the red cardstock to fit the frame which is attached with brads to the canvas.
It feels good to have another project completed and hanging on the wall.
On to the next project....Valentine's Day cards.
Have a great week.




Pin It

3 comments:

Pam said...

Love the 365 pics, how fun to have the old stick horse to play with. Another beautiful canvas!

tm1 said...

I love the canvas & the photos.

T

Erin Glee said...

Your Grandsons are SOooo CUTE! You did a great job on the canvas of your first born Grand-Angel! ~Erin from ATT group